Our sand 3D printing service is time- and cost-efficient in the production of sand molds and cores for metal casting and available in large formats.
- Uses common foundry materials: silica sand and furan/phenol resin with series-comparable molding and casting properties.
- Molds can be used immediately: no pretreatment necessary.
- Easy core removal: Due to the low binder content (for 3D printing), the outgassing and core removal behavior is comparable to that of traditional processes
- Excellent bending strength
- The applied, unprinted sand is nearly 100% recyclable (PDB process)
- Suitable for sand casting of all castable materials, such as aluminum, brass, magnesium, iron and steel casting as well as all common alloys.
- Precise sand molds and cores can be printed with a high surface quality.
Combinations are possible: 3D-printed cores can be combined with traditional sand molds and vice versa.